I love chicken wings. Sticky things. Eating with my hands. Tender moist meat. Fatty, oily, juicy things.
I actually prefer baked chicken wings as opposed to deep fried wings. The skin is crisps up, the fatty layer underneath renders and cooks the chicken in it’s own fat. *queue drooling*
- 4 chicken wings
- 2 tbs sambal chilli paste
- 2 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- Mix marinade in a bowl. Add chicken and coat well, making sure to coat all the joints too.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and marinate chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place chicken wings in a tray and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 180°C and bake for a further 30 minutes or until sticky and the juices from the chicken run clear when poked with a knife.
- Enjoy – have napkins on standby.
This sticky, finger-lickin’ treat can be served on it’s own or on a bed of plain steamed rice or coconut rice and a side of Chinese vegetables!
Other marinades can be used, of course. Just be careful for ones with high sugar content i.e. honey and soy as they can burn quickly. Turn down the heat from the beginning.