World Gin Day is tomorrow!
Let us celebrate all that is juniper-based!
There’s no official events for World Gin Day in Brisbane sadly. Regardless, there’s plenty of amazing bars around Brisbane. And many that you can enjoy gin in all shapes and forms!
- Craft – 196 Musgrave Rd, Red Hill – Four Pillars “Gin O’Clock” tasting – Friday from 4.30pm. One of the Four Pillars founders, Stuart Gregor, is hosting a gin tasting including their new limited release barrel aged gin!
- CRU bar + cellar – 1/22 James St, Fortitude Valley – Saturday 11am-1pm, ~10 different gins open including something very special! “For our gin aficionados we received something a little special and very rare this week”.
Places to enjoy:
- Bosc – 69 Vulture St, West End – my favourite and specialty gin bar. They’re doing specials for their Australian gins from $8.
- Fourth Wall – 743 Ann St, Fortitude Valley
- John Mills Himself – 40 Charlotte St, Brisbane CBD
- Tonic – 7 Hynes St, Fortitude Valley – adjoins design/architecture studio, strong focus on gin
New place to drink gin:
- Dutch Courage Officer’s Mess (DC for short) will be opening up late June!
51 Alfred St, Fortitude Valley. Bookmark it on your maps now. They will be specialising in gin with a focus on cocktails and tapas.
Music to listen to:
- Brisbane band The Gin Club know what it’s all about.
And while we’re talking about gin…
Let’s laugh at the time I attempted a Gin and Tonic cake. Kids, always use baking paper.