Since the official annoucements in early April with Ferran Adria, I’ve been eagerly awaiting Brisbane’s involvement with Good Food Month which has graced the cities of Sydney and Melbourne for a few years now.
Last year there were a handful of half-hearted events in Brisbane, some of which cancelled without any mention (ahem, Esquire).
Regardless, this year Brisbane has a stomach-filling programme (click to download the pdf copy) that fills up the entire month of July.
The event that has me the most excited is the famous Night Noodle Market which will be gracing the shores of the Brisbane River in South Bank! Running for 11 days from July 17 – July 27. I hope to be there multiple nights! I am ALL about noodles and other/all forms of Asian street food!
So here are my picks from the programme. Coincidentally this is a list of all the things to do for under $30.
- Night Noodle Markets – South Bank
- Breakfast Club – various locations – set breakfast menu item + tea or coffee ($20)
- Supper Club – various locations – options from $16
- World Dinners – A Middle Eastern and North African Food Odyssey at Mecca Bah (max $24)
- Good Dinners under $30 – various locations – two course dinners ($29-$30)
- Bar Hop – various locations – Tanqueray gin-based cocktail + a bar snack ($20)
- Drink & Dine – Tapas & Beer at Rogue Bar + Bistro – tapas + matched craft beers ($25)
- Drink & Dine – Pig & Pinot at Lab Bar + Restaurant – entree-sized pork assiette + glass of pinor noir or pinor gris ($26, main meal option $42)
- Various Brisbane Laneway Learning cooking classes at Bean ($17)
- Talk & Taste – Bacchus Vine and Wine at Bacchus – charcuterie and wine-matching session (FREE!)
- Art & Food – Friday Night Film & Food at GoMA restaurant – dishes range from $16-$35
- Community – OzHarvest Think.Eat.Save at King George Square – various lunch options (FREE!) – register here
- Pop-Ups & Parties – Esq Street Eats at Esquire – small bites from $5-$15
- Pop-Ups & Parties – Gastronomy After Dark at Queensland Museum & Sciencentre – tastings and drink on arrival ($30)
- Let’s Do Dessert – various locations – dessert option + matched dessert wine ($20)
- Markets – various locations – cheap market food prices!
Got extra change?
- Sunday Roast Lunch – Spanish Sunday Roast at Gordita ($35)
- Let’s Do Lunch – various locations – lunch + coffee/tea, a glass of Yalumba wine or Coopers beer or a Schweppes sparkling, still or flavoured water ($38)
- Art & Food – After Image at Vintaged Bar + Grill – dinner + drink ($35), free exhibition